Sunday, January 25, 2009

I think you need some hot tea!

OK - so I planned on telling you about how...oh...I'd say about a month ago I was considering getting into a new job and all. (Which I know is a really, really, really stupid idea with the way the economy is right now)...but all of that seems to have worked itself out.

You see, there are times when I feel very overwhelmed and all and I don't really like my life much. Then it dawned on me that all I needed to do was slow down. I mean just slow myself down.

Let me try to explain. Remember awhile back when we looked at a day in the life of The Crimson Pig to try and figure out where all his time went. Well, I imagine my life is still as complicated, but lately I've worked in time for myself. Almost like Zen-Pig time. Maybe I take a hot bath or lay down for a few minutes to meditate. And low and behold this has changed my life. I mean the stuff I hated about my job still exists, but it all dosn't seem to bother me as much. All the little things that used to get to me just don't seem to matter anymore. And you know what? When you don't have time for a nap or a hot bath...there is really only one answer.

HOT TEA!

As a matter of fact, as I write this blog I am currently listening to Joan Armatrading and sipping a little Ginger Peach Green Tea. It is all a very nice break from revising my zombie novel.

The other day a group of co-workers were late due to the weather. They were all stressing about getting stuff done, and getting the day started on time. Well, Zen Pig kicks in and I sit back in my chair with my cup of hot tea and say:

"I realize for some of you, right now seems as if there is a battle going on for your very soul. However...this should not stop us from enjoying some hot tea."

Words by which I think we can all live.

1 comment:

NPM said...

Wise words old friend.