Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WIP Wednesday

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. The good news is I've been busy writing, listening to Billy Squier and taking care of my epic 'TO DO' list. (Update soon to follow).

Anyway...I finished the Steampunk story (the kids workshop it Monday...I'll let you know how that comes out) However I now need to start my third story which has been tentatively titled either "THE JANITOR" or "MUTANT FREAKS MUST DIE!"

Her name was Mai, my one true love, my everything, my wife. I had met her while on a lecture tour in Japan. She was visiting with her ballet troup from China. The first time I saw her was when she was dancing, like water in the moonlight. The last time I saw her she lay dying next to me, the steering wheel of our Volvo crushing her delicate ribcage to a pulp.

I sat up in bed with a start. The crack of thunder which had awakened me still rumbled in the distance. I waited for my eyes to adjust to the gloom as the rain continued to tapdance across the roof of my trailer. It smelled of jasmin in the cramped bedroom, but I knew that I was just imagining that. Mai's perfume had smelled of jasmine...but of course Mai was dead. buried months ago and yet I continued to dream of her every night.

Anyway...hoped you enjoyed.

Later.

No comments: