Monday, February 16, 2009

A Day In The Life

I don't know if you have been able to tell, but if truth be told...this pig has been a little depressed lately.

To begin I'm down to losing about a pound a week now - which is about frustrating as hell. So I started working out after work (an hour a day!)...You know what happened? I went UP SEVEN POUNDS!!!!! (Screw this noise)!

I'm over worked and underpaid (nothing new there) but lately I've felt very unappreciated.

Now this entry is not about complaining...instead let me tell you how nice it is, when it all comes together.

Part of my frustration is that I plan to do stuff, and then life gets in the way. DARN YOU LIFE!

Take this weekend for example.

The plan -
-Ten Pages of Zombie Novel.
-Submit, submit, submit (something I've been putting off)
-Clean the house
-Workout

But here's life-
-A wedding on Saturday (which I skipped)...then come to find out on Sunday the wedding had half naked buxom women and a monkey! (Figures...)
-Baby Shower on Sunday (which was very, very awkward) - I left early.
-Birthday party today (this should be fun)

But then the toilet breaks last night. So after weigh-in I go and pick up the parts at the local hardware store. I get the parts, stop at Starbucks and get a gift card for the birthday girl and stop by the grocery store for a card.

Then I get home and fix the toilet in like seven minutes.

You know, last night a friend of mine said. When you try to move mountains it may suck because of how hard you push yourself...but it's pretty damn cool when that mountain moves (paraphrasing here...if you're reading Lauren).

And you know what?

She's right.

To get all that done in less than two hours is pretty cool. I don't know why I'm always complaining about not having enough time. There is time out there, I just need to realize that achieving my three large goals is not going to happen by April...that's why they are goals for the year!

No comments: