Sunday, March 29, 2009

Food For Thought...Or How Tao Changed My Life

So - I'm always looking for patterns in the universe. I believe they are there. We just don't see them very often because life keeps getting in the way. But if we slow down and don't see what's going on around us, but actually LOOK at what's going on around us, the patterns become clear.

So - In the process of seeking spiritual enlightenment, I've been listening to a Zen podcast called "Zencast".



It helps me slow down and put things in prospective. The other morning I was getting ready for work and in the process of taking my 'daily constitutional" I picked up a book on Zen from the back of my toilet. The section I breifly read had to do with unhappiness and how it's all locked up in the mind. Then I plug in my Ipod as I make breakfast and listen to Zencast. The topic of that day...Unhappiness and how it's all locked up in the mind.

Now this pig knows when the universe is trying to say something to it. And to turns ones mind off of the problems of the day, or upcoming day is not an easy thing. But that is what I attempted to do. It's not a bad system to find yourself in.

Today I listened to my daily Taoist podcast called Tao 360



The idea behind this podcast had to do with - "Parting". It dealt with how we must not allow ourselves to get trapped by Earthly possessions. That includes friends and lovers as well.

Trouble is, we are human and we want to hold onto those things that make us happy.

Consider the pig's entry from a week or so ago, where he talks about how he's always been able to leave these things behind.

I am beginning to think that maybe this outlook is not as dysfunctional as I once thought.

No comments: